Tuesday, August 7, 2012

My First Big Dream

I was only 7 years old when my Tita Noni, my Dad's only sister  left the Philippines to go to the US. Those were the times when a family member is going abroad the whole clan go with her to the airport. My grandparents of course were there, my Dad's cousins and my Tita's friends were there to see her off. That was a very happy occassion and everybody seemed to be excited. My Tita was the first in our family to go to America, she had just finished her residency as a doctor. So this event got stucked in my brain and I think that started it. From then on I started to dream to be like my Tita. Especially when she started sending us pictures of her in Disneyland and writing me letters about her life in the US and sending us toys every christmas.

So when I was growing up I wanted to be a doctor too so that I can also go to the US. I am the eldest in a family of seven kids. I like science the most so when I finished highschool I decided to take medical technology as preparatory course for medicine. But after graduating from that course I didn't continue on to medicine because I felt it would be too much for my Dad since he is the only one working. I started working after graduation at Cardinal Santos Medical Center.

Well, there you go. My biggest dream to go to the US started when I was 7 years old. More blogs to come about how that dream was fulfilled.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment